Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Switch Setting Utility

dickie98
Visitor

Wireless Switch Setting Utility

Since installing the latest Vaio updates onto my TX1 - which included an intel wireless LAN update, every time I start my computer I get a window telling me that Wireless Switch Setting Utility cannot start and has been shut down.

Does anyone know of a way to remdy this?

5 REPLIES 5
VaioWoman1
Visitor

Hi, I am having the same problem and hubby too. Have sent info to e-support but no reply yet and posted similar thread to yours yesterday. Additionally Vaio Control Centre closes so you may have the same problem there to? Have done a restore to just before I updated the WLan and all is back to normal and will not re-install Wlan Update until I hear what can solve this problem. Will be watching your thread in the hope you or I will get a reply soon from some helpful expert! Good Luck

We Can but hope! :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have a look at THIS THREAD.

And THIS THREAD from another forum.

They may give you a few things to try!!!

:wink:

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:slight_smile: Thanks a lot for this very appreciative, actually restored to get it to work again as before. The thread you suggested doe's not say that it will work with the new driver though, it only tells him to go back to the original driver which of course it will work with. Have I misunderstood?? :smileyblush: :rose:

dickie98
Visitor

Unfortunately my TX1 won't restore to any point before the install. I'm somewhat annyoed that Sony tell me to download these udates and then they screw up a function.

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Hi there, I am no expert!!! But have you tried Rolling back the Driver as per instructions in "My Documentation"? Or going to the Download Area from your Vaio Update in system tray and getting your Original WLan Driver and downloading it from there to re-install?

Just a thought! :slight_smile: