Join now - be part of our community!

wlan switch in on position, light on, then it turns itself off ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamjones9
Visitor

wlan switch in on position, light on, then it turns itself off ?

any ideas on why this happens, i can observe this from a distance (ie nothing is using the machine or touchin it, no progrmas running, but the lights just turns off, so i lose connection to the internet... happens randomly but sometimes with a frequency of 4/5 times a minute....

i have latest drivers, device manager sys it working, i have adjusted the power saver etc...

just really odd that it acts this way...really frustrating to be constantly having to wait for reconnection

any help would be great

thanks

j

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jamjones9,

unfortunately it could be any number of resons..:smileysad:

Do you get the same problem if you connect your vaio to a different wireless router at a different location.?

If the wifi is stable then you start checking something else..

Have you tried restting your router to defaul settings with no security settings, if the wifi does not drop with no security then try different security settings to try an pin point the problem..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just to let you know I have removed some of your duplicate posts in other threads so as to avoid confusion & prevent others from wasting their time in trying to help you..:smileywink:

jamjones9
Visitor

sorri i#m a bit of a novice ..security settings ? they will be as factory supplied... i have not changed a thing..wouldnt know how to... so  how does that turn the wireless on and off like a strobe ? problem happens a lot when using the keyboard ?.. yes it drops out has done since i owned it and in the 3 houses i have lived in since... no other device phone or laptop working on this network thru the router has the same issue... only this sony vaio ... been thru the reasons for connection drop..tried .. not even close... just would like an answer why something that is on can turn itself on and offlike a strobe light... then not for a few days then start again like now?? been like that since new....

more reasons to try  please ?

ps every time itdisconnects i send a report to micro soft s the get 30/40 50+ a day...never heard a peep from them in 4 years either ??? why is this ?

jamjones9
Visitor

why  have you deleted  posts it took ages finding ? its not easy using a machine that keeps cutting out ...its take me hours to post those questions.. so it   really doesnt make any sense please explain your actions ???

i was asking questions on like minded threads...looking for answers... looking for some help and you deleted them ???? why why why ?????

.. i'd rather have as many answers as possible and tell as many people as possible . so please leave them alone

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

jamjones9 wrote:

why  have you deleted  posts it took ages finding ? its not easy using a machine that keeps cutting out ...its take me hours to post those questions.. so it   really doesnt make any sense please explain your actions ???

i was asking questions on like minded threads...looking for answers... looking for some help and you deleted them ???? why why why ?????

.. i'd rather have as many answers as possible and tell as many people as possible . so please leave them alone

As I said I removed some of your duplicate posts in  other threads, which were very old now, to avoid confusion & prevent others from wasting  their time in  trying to help you..

It's usually best to have one thread running because it's less for others to read & allows for anyone with a similar question to read the one thread which in turn saves them time..

jamjones9 wrote:

you see i post on this forum but i stopped buying and using sony products after i bought this vaio all i do now is warn people away from even comtemplating ever buying any sony product... i feel its only reasonable due to the stress, upset, time, massive inconvienience and cost this machine has caused me to endure...

But as I said in one of your other threads, best place to take your grievances is with Sony them selves because as we are users their is little that we can do for you here..