Join now - be part of our community!

Car Radio Upgrade?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SonyAlexS
Visitor

Car Radio Upgrade?

Hi

I own a CDX-4180R car radio. It does not have a line in jack for my MP3 player so I guess I need to upgrade, I was wondering whether I could just replace the head of the unit or something, rather than buy a new car stereo (all I need is line in, I'm happy with the radio otherwise).

NB I have tried one of these FM transmitter devices (where I can hear mp3 via FM radio preset) and they seem pretty useless (too much interferance).

Cheers

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Alex,

If you've tried the FM transmitter route, then I'm afraid I think your only option is to upgrade your unit.

The only thing I'd check on the FM transmitter though before you spend on an upgrade is the frequency you're using it on.  Some of these type of accessories have a couple or more options of frequencies that you can select between and that you would tune your radio to, to hear the MP3 player.  If yours does, I'd suggest trying the other frequencies to see if any offer better sound quality without interference.  The reason that most of these have the option to change the frequency is so that you can pick one that is not too close to a radio station as this is what can cause the interference.

Might be worth a try before you buy!:smileywink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi Alex,

If you've tried the FM transmitter route, then I'm afraid I think your only option is to upgrade your unit.

The only thing I'd check on the FM transmitter though before you spend on an upgrade is the frequency you're using it on.  Some of these type of accessories have a couple or more options of frequencies that you can select between and that you would tune your radio to, to hear the MP3 player.  If yours does, I'd suggest trying the other frequencies to see if any offer better sound quality without interference.  The reason that most of these have the option to change the frequency is so that you can pick one that is not too close to a radio station as this is what can cause the interference.

Might be worth a try before you buy!:smileywink: