Join now - be part of our community!

Creaky headphones MDR-V55

Adybloke
New

Creaky headphones MDR-V55

Hi,

I have a pair of MDR-V55 headphones, the sound quality is fine but the creaking noise from them is awful, it makes them unusable. The sound is coming from the swivel joints, and as you can imagine is amplified as the headphones fit over the ear. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you overcome the problem? I have spoken to the shop I purchased them from and they said they are not faulty as the sound is fine, I emailed Sony a month ago and haven't yet had a reply so I need some help before I throw them I'm the bin as at the moment that is all they are fit for!
Adybloke
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
RadioMaid
Explorer

Loads of people have reported this problem. I have it too, but still love the headphones. The sound is excellent. As soon as I popped them in my mixer, these cans revealed that my audio settings were way out, (the panning was dreadful, and something my other set didn't even register), so I'll keep the V55's for now, and upgrade to a better pair of studio 'phones later on.

There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about the creaking. The headset sits so tightly on the head, and because of the way these things fold up, they suffer from stress when we move about. Only thing for me to do is keep them for occasional use and grab an upgrade when I can afford to.

If anybody buys these, expecting them to perform as DJ headphones, well don't, as the cable just doesn't cut it for that - plus, with this other diagnostic, it'll become a pain to the DJ when they can't stop the creaking!

ella1987
Explorer

The negative to this headphone is that I've seen other headphones that are better quality than it but cheaper. Over-ear headphones (studio) don't cost too much but they provide a great listening experience.