Join now - be part of our community!

Can't find NWZ-A816 battery replacement for 1-756-702-21

profile.country.GB.title
bordonbert
New

Can't find NWZ-A816 battery replacement for 1-756-702-21

This is an old Walkman but still very good and useful and I would like to keep it going.  With that in mind the battery has died on me and I am looking for a replacement.

On all of the battery replacement sites there are a lot of references to the NW-A816 and the NWZ-A826 but never the NWZ-A816.  Likewise, the battery is never listed.  My current one, the original, is numbered 1-756-702-21 on the battery itself.  I can find 1-756-702-11 and 1-756-702-12, but never a mention of the one I have.

I don't know what the various numerical blocks in the battery code stand for so I can't find which is an equivalent.  Can anyone help me?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @bordonbert and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just quickly, are you certain that the battery has expired? 

I have seen that some people (not all though) have had success by resetting the Walkman:

"If the portable player is still not responding, reset it by pressing the RESET button with a small pin or similar object.

NOTE: When the RESET button is pressed, although the unit will retain the music data and clock settings, all other stored data and settings may be deleted. If the unit starts up after the reset, access the Settings menu and initialize the unit using the Format (initialize) function.
If there was no change after the player was reset, connect it to the computer and reset it again, leaving it connected."

It may seem a long shot but its worth trying first.

profile.country.GB.title
bordonbert
New

Hi Jumpy, thanks for the response.

I'm fairly certain the battery has given up the ghost once and for all.  The unit has been lying dormant in a draw for a long while and would not respond to anything of course until hooked up to the charger.  Then it tried to start but went into a locked up state where it actually displayed a normal options screen but would not respond to anything even after leaving it charging for a couple of hours.

It required a reset to get it up and running again and after that it works fine when on the charger but leaving it overnight could push no charge at all into the battery.  It just closes down instantly when the charger is disconnected.

EDIT:  Just thought I'd add that I do get the "scrolling battery" indication which says charging, but it does not progress through the stages of charge in the battery icon.  I do seem to remember that it progressively lights up each segment of the battery permanently as it charges up while the other higher segments go on scrolling.  With that in mind, it remains permanently showing the full battery being scrolled through no matter how long the charger is attached.