Join now - be part of our community!

I renamed my phone, but its name hasn't changed in the companion app for my WH-1000XM4 headphones

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Retinas
Explorer

I renamed my phone, but its name hasn't changed in the companion app for my WH-1000XM4 headphones

I tried restarting my phone, and I tried re-registering it with my headphones, but it didn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Retinas
Explorer

Okay, I figured it out on my own. I disconnected my headphones from my phone, then went to "switch to another device", then the three dots next to the headphones, then "cancel registration". Then I did a factory reset of my headphones (by turning them off and holding down the power button and the custom buton at the same time for 7 seconds). Then I re-paired them with my phone, and it's picked up the new name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Retinas
Explorer

I also reinstalled the app, deleting any old data that was registered with the headphones, and it didn't work.

profile.country.GB.title
Retinas
Explorer

Okay, I figured it out on my own. I disconnected my headphones from my phone, then went to "switch to another device", then the three dots next to the headphones, then "cancel registration". Then I did a factory reset of my headphones (by turning them off and holding down the power button and the custom buton at the same time for 7 seconds). Then I re-paired them with my phone, and it's picked up the new name.