Join now - be part of our community!

MDR1000-X hinge breaking

profile.country.GB.title
tobynowacki
Explorer

MDR1000-X hinge breaking

Hi,

the MDR1000X model appears to have quite a few instances where the headband breaks at the point of the hinges. Today, this happened to me, too -- other than that, I've been thoroughly satisfied with the sound and NC quality of these headphones. I'll be happy to provide the serial number and proof of purchase via PM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

20180409_154730.jpg20180409_154744.jpg20180409_154752.jpg

Best wishes,

Toby

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi Toby,

would you please PM me your serial number.

I will forward this to the support as soon as I receive the message.

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @tobynowacki,

I just got a reply from support:

I've checked the serial number and it appears to be among the affected models.

You can send it to the service centre to be inspected/repaired as needed free of charge provided that you send a valid VAT invoice as a proof of purchase and to confirm the warranty status.

You can use the following link to get the service centre's contact info: http://bit.ly/2byAqx1

Don't worry about the warranty status though, since the headphones were introduced in late 2016 if I recall correctly.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
tobynowacki
Explorer

Hi @IamNic

thanks for this. Could you just tell me what the best way of action is now? Do I call the service centre to arrange the repair, or do I just send a parcel with the headphones and the invoice straight to them? 

Best,

Toby

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @tobynowacki,

if I am not mistaken you can call or email them.

Unless you already arranged a repair, then they will contact you.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
calfman
Explorer

I have exactly the same issue and bought mine in January 2017.

Mine are included in the serial numbers with issues and I've just been told my headphones are out of waranty and any repairs would be chargable.2018-09-20 10.53.17.jpg2018-09-20 10.53.23.jpg