Join now - be part of our community!

wf-1000f – Audio turns of and I lose half of the sounds

profile.country.GB.title
mikedelmar
New

wf-1000f – Audio turns of and I lose half of the sounds

I just bought a pair wf-1000f truly wireless headphones. I have to say I am very disappointed on a few levels. 

I accept that there is a delay in audio and video, as this is something common in bluetooth headphones, though I must admit it is much more pronounced than the delay I experienced with my previous JBL wireless headphones.

I also accept that the right ear piece sometimes cuts out. I researched this and knew it was a bug before I bought these headphones.

But I just cannot accept that there is no way to turn off this ridiculous feature that turns off the headphones when there is no audio signal. For some reason, even when I have an app open that engages the audio driver regularly, the headphones turn off when there is no signal, and back on when a signal is sent. But they turn on so late that the first part of the audio is cut off!!!

Example 1:

When I use an app like Duo Lingo (for which I bought these headphones to use on the train every day) in between moments of silence, the headphones turn off, and when a new sound plays they switch themselves back on (but too late!) and the first part of each word is cut off!

Example 2:

Whenever I get a notification on my device, after some length of silence, the first part of each notification sound is cut off!

This is very annoying! I thought it would be fixed by updating to the most recent firmware, but it is not!

Please Sony, fix this issue. Either don't turn the heaphones off ever, unless the user explicitly does so himself; or allow me to adjust the settings to prevent this ridiculous feature from interrupting my audio!

FYI, I use an iPhone X.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you make sure that you have the latest Firmware update.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
mikedelmar
New

Yes. It is up to date. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

In that case, it might be worth getting in touch with the support team here who can look into this for you.

Best wishes,

Sean