Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3800U Unit starts up in random selection

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kgs1951
Visitor

MEX-BT3800U Unit starts up in random selection

Need a method for a default start up say the radio instead of completely random source not even the same as when switched of.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi kgs1951,

This sounds a bit odd, but as a general rule you would normally expect the unit to carry on from where it left off the last time you used it (I don't think there's a way to set a default start up mode).

So, if your unit isn't remembering what it was doing last I'd suspect that you may not have the power wires to the unit the right way round.  There are two power wires, a red and a yellow - where the yellow must always have a live 12 volt feed to it - this is what keeps the radio stations stored while the unit is switched off, and the ability to remember what it was doing last etc.  It is possible that these two wires are the wrong way round (as many cars vary).

Please see the attached link with a fuller explanation to someone with a similar problem which might help.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/670150#670150

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi kgs1951,

This sounds a bit odd, but as a general rule you would normally expect the unit to carry on from where it left off the last time you used it (I don't think there's a way to set a default start up mode).

So, if your unit isn't remembering what it was doing last I'd suspect that you may not have the power wires to the unit the right way round.  There are two power wires, a red and a yellow - where the yellow must always have a live 12 volt feed to it - this is what keeps the radio stations stored while the unit is switched off, and the ability to remember what it was doing last etc.  It is possible that these two wires are the wrong way round (as many cars vary).

Please see the attached link with a fuller explanation to someone with a similar problem which might help.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/670150#670150

Hope this helps.