Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U and iPhone navigation app

SOLVED
profile.country.it_IT.title
delca85
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U and iPhone navigation app

if my iPhone si wired to MEX-BT3900U, can I use navigation app in my iPhone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Delca85,

After read the whole manual (:smileyhappy:), I was not able to found any comment telling me the opposite. So... to be clear... Yes, you can use the iPhone Navigation app with MEX-BT3900U connected by Bluetooth, even on the Passenger mode (Pag. 20).

Note : Please, read the manual first !

To operate the iphone, you need to consider all details about the compatibility with iPod, see “About iPod” on page 33 or visit the support site. In these Operating Instructions, “iPod” is used as a general reference for the iPod functions on the iPod and iPhone, unless otherwise specified by the text or illustrations.

Go Ahead and Test. Keep us informed, Ok ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio,

Yes. The MEX-BT3900U works perfectly with iPhone / iPod equipment. Easy to read display, and removable faceplate.

delca85
Visitor

Ok, but if I am listening the music in my iPhone by the MEX-BT3900U, can I use navigation app in my iPhone?

itbroker
Visitor

That's the idea behind the product. :smileyhappy:.

Finally, Navigation commands will go through Bluetooth streaming too.  If you're playing a song, the song won't pause, but the song will  mute, and you'll hear the Navigation voice prompt.  Once the Navigation voice prompt finishes, the song will resume.

It's highly recommend to buy an external microphone to assure clarity of your phone calls.

I am adding a specific MEX-BT3900U link 4U with :

- General Info

- User manual

- Repair Info

- Sony support contact

here...

delca85
Visitor

Ok, thank you very much.
I have looked for the information I need, but I haven't been able to  find it in your link. I would like to understand if I can use iPhone app  when iPhone is connected to the radio, even if is in passenger mode.

itbroker
Visitor

Delca85,

After read the whole manual (:smileyhappy:), I was not able to found any comment telling me the opposite. So... to be clear... Yes, you can use the iPhone Navigation app with MEX-BT3900U connected by Bluetooth, even on the Passenger mode (Pag. 20).

Note : Please, read the manual first !

To operate the iphone, you need to consider all details about the compatibility with iPod, see “About iPod” on page 33 or visit the support site. In these Operating Instructions, “iPod” is used as a general reference for the iPod functions on the iPod and iPhone, unless otherwise specified by the text or illustrations.

Go Ahead and Test. Keep us informed, Ok ?