Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900u Car Audio

profile.country.en_GB.title
Karjacha
Visitor

MEX-BT3900u Car Audio

I have the above head unit and need a bit of help....When I turn on BTA, traffic reports and traffic programs come on when they are broadcast from the local radio stations. I have gone into settings and turned off TA but when I do this TP stays on!!! I'm sick of hearing different traffic reports from areas I'm not in and use my TomTom app......can someone advise how to turn off all traffic info?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Karjacha,

Having done what you have already, you should be sorted.  Each time you press the AF/TA button your unit will cycle round combinations of both on, both off, and one on and one off (if you see what I mean!).  If you don't want to hear traffic reports, then as long as TA (Traffic Announcement) is not lit up then that's all you need to worry about.  Personally I would make sure you keep AF (Alternative Frequency) switched to on as this is what allows your radio to keep you tuned to the best frequency for the station you're listening to as you travel about.

The TP that lights up stands for Traffic Programme and all this is, is to tell you when the station you're tuned to is capable of accessing traffic information reports  - so this is something that is broadcast and you can't switch on or off .... the station either offers the service or it doesn't and when you turn on TA this tells your unit whether you want to hear it or not.  I hope that answers your question, as basically you don't need to worry about TP as long as TA is off.