Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A45 USB connection to Renault Megane R-Plug&Radio+

profile.country.GB.title
WalkOnVader
Explorer

NW-A45 USB connection to Renault Megane R-Plug&Radio+

When I connect the NW-A45 via USB I can play audio through the head unit (as a mass storage device). Music starts as soon as the car is started and the Walkman is accessed.

However, what I've noticed is if I listen to an album and get halfway through a track (e.g. track 5) when I arrive at my destination, then turn the engine off, leave the car and return some hours later, on starting the car again it begins to play music from the start of track 5 and not from the point it stopped.

This doesn't happen with an iPod/iPhone. It resumes playing from the point in the track where it stopped.

The car manual specifies USB connection with an iPod and I can find no other information on USB compatible devices.

I don't want to Bluetooth the NW-A45 and I haven't contacted Renault.

I suspect Renault have incorporated something into the head unit to allow it to interact more intimately with an iPod/iPhone (which are probably the preferred devices otherwise they wouldn't mention them in the manual), but can anyone shed any light on what might be going on between the head unit and the Walkman as a USB storage device? Is it treating it like a pen drive USB?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I'll look into this to see if I can find an answer. In the meantime perhaps another member of the community will be able to advise.

Best wishes,

Sean