Join now - be part of our community!

Problems pairing Sony Bluetooth headphones

JoRixo34
New

Problems pairing Sony Bluetooth headphones

Hi Sony community

My blue tooth headphone started doing something weird. i switch them on and it says what i think is 'bluetooth pairing' (though it sounds like Pair-een), the lights flash blue and red, but it never connects. Ive tried a few basic things like switching devices off and on etc, turning bluetooth off and on phone. It doesn't seem to be showing up on my iphone. Can anyone help at all?

Jo

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

Hello Jo

I'm very sorry you're having problems pairing your headphones. Might I enquire as to what model iPhone it is that you have, the version of iOS it's running, as well as the model of your headphones…? Without this information, it isn't really possible for anyone here to help you I'm afraid. Do you see any error messages, such as 'pairing unsuccessful'…? When you say you've "turned Bluetooth on and off on the phone", do you mean you've told it to 'forget this device', or do you mean that you've literally toggled BT off and then back on again…? I suspect it's the latter. You need to tell it to forget your headphones exist; go to Settings -> Bluetooth, tap the entry in the devices list that corresponds to your headphones, and then tap 'forget this device', now try pairing again. (Please note that I'm running iPadOS 13 (I don't have an iPhone), so YMMV, but it shouldn't be all that much different. Any luck…? There are troubleshooting guides here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones

If you're still having problems, post back.