Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Repairs

RPdarts1
New

Problems with Repairs

Has anyone else had this problem - I recently had long communications with Sony customer services regarding a faulty NWZ-W273S headphone unit that is still (just) under the 12 month warranty. After explaining on numerous occasions that the unit was given to me as a present last Christmas, it had been purchased at Gatwicks Dixons Travel (airside), and while the receipt had not been kept after a few months (who does???), I could still produce a copy of the credit card statement showing the transaction (although not the unit details). After many times of advising this, I was advised that the unit was an "IWX" product (not worth repairing - will be replaced if still under warranty) and I was then told to send all information I had to the repairs centre. They then contacted me stating that they could do nothing without the original receipt! Has anyone else had the same sort of problems? And has anyone got any ideas how to get this resolved? I know it was a present, and although £50 is not a great deal, it's still £50, and it's still under warranty. I just feel really angry that I have gone through a lot of 'communications', done what I was told to by one department, and then still told this is wrong by another department. 

Cheers

0 REPLIES 0