Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR1000X turning itself off all the time

boxabirds
New

Sony MDR1000X turning itself off all the time

Hi I've been reasonably impressed with the Sony MDR 1000X, but it's started turning off by itself more and more. Today it did it twice after a full charge. 

I'd like to know what to do to make it stop doing this. Guidance welcome. 

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
miportw
New

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. It is very annoying and the reason is, that Sony programmed the headset in a way, that it will turn off after 5 min without a bluetooth connection. It really doesn't make sense at all, since many business traveler jsut want to use the phone to suppress noise and not to listen music at the same time, but to work.

Hope Sony will change this. I will give my Headset back this week. 

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding - if you're not using a bluetooth connection, then the headphones will switch itself off after 5 minutes with no signal detected.  However it will stay on, if using a wired connection.

Cheers

miportw
New

Hi there

is it really useful to stay on if using a wired conncetion? I mean if using a headset like the MDR1000X always incorporating having a conncetion to another device (via bluetooth or wired or NFC) is ridiculous, isn't it?

In many occasions I only wnat to use the Noise Cancellation feature and NOT listen to music at all.

Just wonder why Sony couldn't anticipate this.

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
netgalileo
Explorer

I had exactly the same problem, its a problem and not a feature. I send it back immidiatly to sony . I contact them and they told me they will fix it. but with this way i lost the opportunity to go back to the sotre to change with a new one as i could use the OTA the first 30 days. the conclusion is that they dont have yet spare parts (they dont know when will have) they gave me back 136 pounds to buy a new one till to send me back the old one. this is very very bad support for a company like sony. its a hardware bug, dont keep it send it back to them 

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

They are great head phones.

did you also get a pair?

would leaving a audio jack in negate this issues as that's the first thing I'm going to get

1 mini USB cover and a mini audio jack cover

im very chuffed with them 

@Anonymous Merry Christmass and a Happy New Year my friend

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya @rsebre - I hope you had a good Christmas too!  I did - I got stuck into the Whisky last night :grin:  I wish you a happy New Year too :drink:

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

HiYa @Anonymous

Well I hope your hang over is ok

I got a bottle of Vodka from my sister with some strange stones that you put in the fridge that become Ice Cubes that never melt. She brought them back from Iceland for me as she was out their following the Northen Lights.

and my Mom and Dad got me the MDR-1000X's I was after too.

Now all I've got to do is get some dust covers for the MDR's phono jack and mini USB and I'm set.

Happy Christmass and if your brave enough, a Merry New Year

IMG_0018.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsebre - Nice one :slight_smile:  Never seen those types of stones/rocks before.  Had to look them up on Amazon - interesting indeed.  Even the Vodka is enjoying the cans around it !!

I did have a rough morning to begin with - LOL

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Under British Law it is mandatory to enforce the  'follow on' after Christmas Day drinkies.

Boxing Day was given its name after thats usually what happens at family parties during such a follow on :grin: