Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR1000X turning itself off all the time

boxabirds
New

Sony MDR1000X turning itself off all the time

Hi I've been reasonably impressed with the Sony MDR 1000X, but it's started turning off by itself more and more. Today it did it twice after a full charge. 

I'd like to know what to do to make it stop doing this. Guidance welcome. 

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
tomtastic
Explorer

I have the same problem with the headphones turning off noise cancelling after five minutes.

I understand this is to save the battery if they accidentally got turned on, but it makes _wireless_ NC headphones kind of pointless for those of us who planned to use them for long flights.

Keeping a phone nearby paired over bluetooth is not ideal, and neither is keeping a cable plugged in. :thinking:

Sadly we'll be sending ours back for a refund, if Sony make a second generation with this issue fixed (and slightly easier bluetooth switching) we'll be back though...

profile.country.GB.title
netgalileo
Explorer

Hi Tomtastic

did you Came in contact with Sony and told you that they cannot fix it ? I send it to them and waiting for spare part to repair it at the same time they gave me back the 50% of the cost as goodwill 

tomtastic
Explorer

I haven't called Sony about it as it seems to be an intentional feature to 'auto-off' after five minutes when not connected to an active bluetooth or wired connection, not a fault which would need a replacement part.

I am curious if you get yours back from Sony with this auto-off feature disabled though, perhaps they can offer a firmware update for those of us affected?

profile.country.GB.title
netgalileo
Explorer

No isn't a feuture and is a hardware issue . I am not sure that everybody has this problem . But defiantly the headphone is useless with this problem 

profile.country.GB.title
netgalileo
Explorer

I bought a new one and i get one new back from the service department. Both two with the same problem. So, so far three MDR1000X with the same big issue. Is anybody without this issue?

Hi,

Also have this problem. Esp when in noise cancelling mode only.

Joaait
Explorer

Thanks for explaining the cause of this problem.  My bluetooth on my phone turned itself off so the headphones weren't connecting any longer. I use my phones at work without music so I can concentrate in a noisy office environment. Phone just sits beside me and usually connects. Seems to be going ok not=w I've turned bluetooth back on. What a pain! Sonny - fix his please. If flying can I still be connected to bluetooth so I can use my headphones to block out all the noise? We sensitive musicians sometimes prefer silence because our daily lives are so full of music and analysing sound. Silence is the rare comodity these days!