Visitor

Sony MEX-BT2600 No sound when calling

Please help :slight_frown:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi, not 100% sure about that, but I've a feeling that could be right and would certainly explain why you're having the problem.  If you can get the front speakers going and that solves the problem (which I suspect it will) then Bingo!

Hope that works out....

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Drumzman
New

Hi, not sure if I can help, but can you describe in a bit more detail what problem you're having?

strictlyxsi
Visitor

When i ring somebody or get a call from somebody i can't here anything but the mic is working perfectly fine .

Drumzman
New

Hi,

Not too sure what the problem is here, but there's a couple of things you could try.

I assume that you're connecting to the BT2600 using Bluetooth on your phone?  Id so, the first thing to check is to make sure that your phone has paired correctly and to see if it connects to your BT2600 each time you're in the car.  When your phone is paired, each time it connects you should see a little mobile phone icon light up on the BT2600's display.  If it doesn't then that's the problem.  Although your BT2600 should automatically connect with your phone, it does depend on the configuration of some phones. Make sure Bluetooth is activated on both your phone and BT2600, and then use your phone's settings to manually make a connection with the BT2600 (identified as XPLOD).  If you can get the little phone icon to light up on your BT2600 that way then hopefully that should solve the problem.

If this doesn't work, and you still can't get the phpne icon to switch on to ndicate that you're connected correctly, then I'd be tempted to try the pairing process again to make the initial link between your phone and BT2600.  (Incidentally make sure that your BT2600 has been installed to your car with a permanent feed from the battery - on its yellow wire - so that it doesn't 'forget' settings like time, radio presets, and of course Bluetooth pairings).

The only other things I can think of to get sound it to make sure that there are no settings in your phone that direct the sound to the phone itself rather than the connection with the BT2600 (most phones have an option to switch the sound between itself and a Bluetooth handsfree connection), and you could also try the volume control on the phone as well as the BT2600 itself during a call as these operate independently of the volume for the music you're playing on the BT2600.

I hope something here may be of some help anyway.

Best of luck.

strictlyxsi
Visitor

Hi thanks for the info the phone symbol is on th bt2600 , i've noticed that i can hear if very faintly tried so many thing's , it's rather frustrating , i also have quite a few speakers and 2 amps connected to the cd player will this course it to play up?

Drumzman
New

Hi,

Having a few speakers/amps connected shouldn't really make any difference (assuming of course that these are all operating normally when you just listen to the CD/radio etc normally?).

It does sound like a volume problem though as you can hear something, albeit faintly.  Did you try increasing the volume on your phone during a call as well as on the radio itself?  Also I think there is a 'BTA' function (keep pressing the 'select' button to get to it) that allows you to adjust the volume between -8dB and +18dB ... I know this works for a Bluetooth music device although I'm not certain about Bluetooth handsfree, but you could see if you can adjust this to see if you can get a bit more volume.

Hope this works.

strictlyxsi
Visitor

Hi i've tried all off these and still doesn't work im going to pull the cd player out tomorow and check everything again. Thank's for trying to help.

strictlyxsi
Visitor

Hi just wondering if the sound for calls only go out the front speakers as from what i can tell there not working

Drumzman
New

Hi, not 100% sure about that, but I've a feeling that could be right and would certainly explain why you're having the problem.  If you can get the front speakers going and that solves the problem (which I suspect it will) then Bingo!

Hope that works out....

strictlyxsi
Visitor

Hi finally got it sorted , speakers in the front wasn't plugged in , Thanks for all the help :slight_smile: