Join now - be part of our community!

sony walkman nw a45 - not importing CDs as previously

profile.country.GB.title
westerner76
Explorer

sony walkman nw a45 - not importing CDs as previously

I have happily been importing CDs onto my Walkman NW A45 in FLAC format. Suddenly it's stopped working. One CD I imported recently - the Walkman said format/ file not recognized even though it was a format I'd used ok before. Can anyone suggest a solution please? 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you checked that the program used for the conversion to FLAC has kept these specifications ?:

FLAC ( .flac)
16 bit, 24 bit / 8 kHz - 192 kHz

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

How do you import it? which software?

profile.country.GB.title
westerner76
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I did a little more testing and it was the micro SD card that was the problem. Files were not saving to it like they had been. I reformatted it which was a little drastic but it has sorted the problem. Is there a less drastic solution if the micro SD card stops working properly?

profile.country.GB.title
westerner76
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I use Music Center.  I did a little more testing and it was the micro SD card that was the problem. Files were not saving to it like they had been. I reformatted it which was a little drastic but it has sorted the problem. Is there a less drastic solution if the micro SD card stops working properly?

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

sadly not but if you keep the microSD in the walkman for transfert it should be good. 

Issues can happen if you transfert directly by copy/pasting files to the microSD with your desktop/laptop then inserting it into the walkman.

profile.country.GB.title
westerner76
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. Just before I received your reply I did do a large copy and paste onto the Walkman - it looked like it had worked well but now I find I have lots of albums listed but without any tracks. Some did transfer. I'm losing patience with the temperamental Walkman. I'll probably retry but not so many files all at once.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

also make sure to eject the walkman for finalizing the info (number of tracks etc...)

Don't load too many at one time because maybe the memory card doesn't have enough space and bring such issue as transfering album without any tracks or cancelling some files to prevent memory for overloading

profile.country.GB.title
westerner76
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. There was 200GB of space on micro SD card. It must've been trying to transfer too much at one time.