Join now - be part of our community!

srs xb10 bluetooth speaker wont work

profile.country.GB.title
allrounder55
New

srs xb10 bluetooth speaker wont work

A friend asked me to set this speaker up for him on his windows 10 laptop as hes not very tech minded. I work with pc's and laptops regularly. Got it to pair and worked fine once then switched it off took it round to my friends now it wont pair. Tried resetting still wont pair. Windows 10 doesnt detect it as a playback device my windows phone works perfectly with it so now its just being stupid. It has installed the speaker in device manager and says this device is working properly but it isnt i cant select it in the device playback list because its not there. Seems a bit drastic to format the laptop and start a new install but i cant get this speaker to work. Windows 10 i think has to be the worst ever operating system microsoft has released. Ive had a lot of issues with hardware and a lot of other problems.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
allrounder55
New

Forgot to mention the speaker came with a usb bluetooth adapter in case no bluetooth device was present that doesnt work either tried on 2 different laptops windows 7 and windows 10 generic bluetooth radio error code 10 device cannot start. Suggested updating the drivers but there are no drivers required for the sony srs xb10 speaker it uses generic microsoft drivers. Same for the usb bluetooth adapter uses generic ones. So ive suggested to take it back to the store get his money back, as its useless.

Well, I almost had the same problem.

I am using Windows 7 on my Dell laptop, and the system recognized the speaker, but did not able to use it.

My solution was to replace the actual bluetooth driver to an older (!) one. Give it a try.

profile.country.GB.title
PEDRAAS
New

hi there. I just fixed mine. I'm telling you what worked for me after a long struggle and though it sounds crazy it did work !!! I have a Dell laptop windows 10.

step 1- reset it using -volume and power button

step 2- on your laptop go on control panel>hardware and sounds>devices and printers>bluetooth personal area network devices then click "enter Bluetooth device" top left.

step 3-go on settings> Bluetooth and devices > more Bluetooth options then> click on allow Bluetooth devices to find this laptop> apply and oj.

step 4- open your music player and play any song, make sure sound is low

step 5- activate Bluetooth on your sony srs xb10

step 6-place it on top of your right end on the laptop

step 7- now back to your settings> add Bluetooth device >choose the first option with the Bluetooth symbol

step 8- do the same for the one you opened in control panel

either both or one will detect the speaker as headphones or as SRS-XB10 then the other one does 30-45seconds later... connect and job done.

I think when I was resetting it I did click the +volume button too but I don't know if that did anything