Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to pair WH-1000XM3 with MacOS Mojave

mayur9991
New

Unable to pair WH-1000XM3 with MacOS Mojave

I am not able to pair Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones with MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
I works fine with my iphone and Samsung Galaxy. I have the latest firmware 4.1.1.
Is anybody else is facing the issue as well?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi mayur9991, welcome to the Community.

With the headphones on, long pressing the On/Off button for more than 7 seconds will activate the bluetooth pairing option in the headphones and they should then appear in the list.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
benfrain

Mine were fine with High Sierra but with Mojave whilst they connect on turning on, and appearing in lost of Bluetooth devices in menu bar as ‘connected’, I always have to disconnect and then reconnect before I can hear anything. 

They worked fine fine with High Sierra. 

profile.country.GB.title
dafoley11
Explorer

Just received my 'phones today. 

I have exactly the same problem. I have a Mac Pro (trash can) running High-Sierra that connects without issue. I have an iphone that conects without a problem too. But a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.4 has the same problem as you - I never see the device "WH-1000XM" appear in the Bluetooth preferences pane when I'm in pairing mode. I have tried clearing all the pairing information and running pairing mode again, without success.

I am also on firmware 4.1.1

profile.country.GB.title
Akashsony_1000mx3
New

Hello all,

I have the same problem with my new headphones. 

Not able to connect to any MacBook !!

I am planning to return my Sony headphones!  Very disappointed 

profile.country.GB.title
dafoley11
Explorer

Despite the pairing issue, I decided to keep mine. They’re such a good sounding headphone. I have electrostatic headphones costing many times as much, but I never feel that I’m missing anything with the Sony’s.

My work-around was to install Tidal on my Phone and just use the ‘phones with a single device. It’s a shame they have this flaw, let’s hope Sony release a Mk4 version fixes the issue.
howienet
New

I've tried the pairing (holding for 7 seconds) and waiting for the headphones to appear in the Bluetooth list to pair but it's simply not showing up. It can connect fine on my Samsung Phone. HELP.

sugoruyo
Explorer

I am on 10.1.4.6 with 4.2.2 on the headphones. They just seem to be completely incompatible with macOS Mojave or newer. Damn shame, gotta return these and will probably be staying away from Sony as they don't even seem to acknowledge there's a problem. All I get from them is "hold down for 7 seconds, follow OS instructions for Bluetooth pairing...". If only the damned things would show up...

tommyb27
New

I know this was posted quite a while ago but i just came across the solution now.

The issue is that more modern versions of macOS ship with aptX (the specific bluetooth codec used to communicate with these headphones) disabled.

This means that your bluetooth will work with other bluetooth devices and even other headsets (there are other bluetooth audio codecs that other headphones use), but not the WH-1000XM3.

Type this into terminal and then hit enter

• sudo defaults write bluetoothaudiod "Enable AptX codec" -bool true

It will ask for your password, type it in (I will look like you're not typing anything) then hit enter

Repeat this with the code below

• sudo defaults write bluetoothaudiod "Enable AAC codec" -bool true

Now try repairing your headphones - should hopefully work!

profile.country.GB.title
kyliechiam
New

I tried doing this but it still doesn't show up in my bluetooth on my mac