Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000 XM3 Terrible CAll quality!!

profile.country.GB.title
sherifshaarawy
Explorer

WF-1000 XM3 Terrible CAll quality!!

I have problems with the new Sony WF-1000XM3 call quality. People can hardly hear me when I make a phone call through them. This has became more of an issue after updating to the newest software. Pretty angry with that, although they sound perfectly and nice noise cancellation. Any help?!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.SE.title
BigSwede72

There will not be a fix or a solution as the microphone is not optimized for calls, just for NC.

This has been confirmed by Sony Support in writing.

profile.country.GB.title
epidemais
Explorer

I  agree, however the noise cancelling aspects of these are unmatched. 

And I cannot tell you how many "...expletives" I've seen with Airpods in really noisy places, yet able to have clear conversations. 

I am seriously disappointed with Sony for bringing a a half tested Products into the market,  and at a Premium price 

profile.country.GB.title
hmych1
Explorer

I bought mine a week ago in the US.  At the time my iPhone XS was updated to iOS 13.0, and it all worked quite well, including calls.  However, after installing iOS 13.1 I've had problems receiving calls on GSM, or VoIP.  I can make calls on GSM but the mic doesn't always switch on.  Otherwise, music playback on iPhone works well, and Bluetooth connection is strong.  I used them on a cross Atlantic flight and found the ANC worked well in drowning out the sound from the aircraft engines and reduced to a bearable degree the noise from babies a few rows behind.  With regard to call quality I found that by turning off the Ambient Sound Control before making call and my contact could hear me clearly, from indoors with little or no ambient noise. 

My conclusion from all this adventure is that Sony hasn't yet created firmware updates for iOS 13.0 or 13.1.  It gets better Apple just released another update, iOS 13.1.1.  The big question is whether to install this and if it will help or further deteriorate the functioning of the earbuds....  Any thoughts or experiences shared are appreciated 

Tags (1)