Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 Headphones Connect app for iMac

profile.country.US.title
PuzzledSteve
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 Headphones Connect app for iMac

I use my new WF-1000XM3 earbuds with my MacBook Pro, as well as my iPhone.

Will there be a version of the iOS app for my laptop, so I can personalise settings (control EQ, etc)  and control Noise Cancelling in the same was as I can when listening on my phone?

(There are firmware issues when using the earbuds on two devices, but these seem to be known about and discussed - to no solid conclusion - on other parts of this community site)

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the community.

I'll look into this for you and see if I can find out. Someone else in the community may be able to advise in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.US.title
PuzzledSteve
Explorer

Thanks for your response.

I spoke to Sony Customer Services who were at pains to point out that there was no control app in existence or anticipated other than that for iOS/Android. They also said could not guarantee compatibility with a Macbook, in any case... which explains the glitches I was also getting.

Regretfully, the earbuds went back to the retailer, today.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @PuzzledSteve,

sad to hear you already returned them, while there are multiple equalizers for MAC out there, which you use to alter the audio BEFORE it is sent to the headphones.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

@PuzzledSteve You'll be loathe to find any headphones/earphones/earbuds with anything other than a mobile app - Bose, Apple, Sennheiser, B&O, AKG, etc., they're all mobile-only. Perhaps there might be a compatible 3rd-party app (if not, then there's an opportunity for some enterprising developer…). I use headphones predominantly with my MBP, just had to learn to live with it - but, I agree, it's not exactly satisfactory, especially considering the price of the unit. 

Just as an aside, an iMac and a MacBook aren't the same thing, y'know… 😉