Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000xm3 calls not working and heaband broke

profile.country.GB.title
IsSonyWorththeMony
New

Wh-1000xm3 calls not working and heaband broke

callers can hear the background sounds but not my voice.

The headband broke while i was trying to extend it on day 29 of ownership and i have been told to pay £86 for repairs as it isnt covered by warranty which is rather disappointing.

I'm putting duct tape on it and wearing it out and about as usual to advertise the poor build quality as i dont understand how such am expensive product isnt fit for such a simple purpose.

And i may be forced to yell.on phonecalls apologising for the poor call quality of Sony while on the train. I saved up quite a bot to get myself this product and dont have money lying around.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your experience. Warranty issues are dealt with exclusively by the support team. Given the fact you've already been in contact with them, I'm afraid there's not much else we can do to help. I do hope you can get it fixed at some point!

Skylark001
Explorer

Thanks, for reporting the weakness of the plastic headband.  At least one other owner has reported this weakness.  One has obviously to treat this headphone's headband with extreme care.

profile.country.GB.title
IsSonyWorththeMony
New

Thanks

there are a few on social media. Mine is nicely held together with duct tape. it's probably less attractive to muggers as a result so there's an upside at least.