Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 can't connect with Windows 10?

profile.country.SE.title
man0negro0

WH-1000XM3 can't connect with Windows 10?

Hi,

So I'm sure this question has been asked by more than me here but i was unable to find any solution. I have two pcs one new lap top  where they connected fine. But my media pc in my living room which is older refuses to connect, it has paired but not connected. The computer is using the ASUS USB BT 400 usb dongle. 

Don't know what to do and SONY does not seem to want to adress the issue, at least not with a solution. Thats bad considering How Maaaany are experiencing this joke of an issue 2021 for so expensive headphones.

I read that you mus have the A2DP codec, is that something you can download?

Ill be super grateful for ANY pointers in this matter. I have so many new movies to watch and cant watch them as i want to try with these ones 

Thanks!!!!

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Not that this will solve your problems, but here is a link.

Reading manuals and watching an instruction video may help.

profile.country.SE.title
man0negro0

What i finally did was to go and buy a Bluetooth dongle,disabled the orrfinal Bluetooth and installed this one, mind that it’s in Swedish but you can still see that it’s a Bluetooth dongle that has the APTX Codec enabled and that’s Bluetooth HD sound a codec  the M3’s understand.

I had to go a bit outside the normal install routine but I explained that in my post above and provided links.

my conclusion is that the m3’s are very picky when it comes to drivers and while Bluetooth generally is very generic anything kind of works with something Thad works for most things... but not the m3. Anyways I got it to work and with HD Sound from the new ApTx codec from

quallcom and driver from intel.

so its a bit better even that it would had been of it has worked on the first attempt, and thats what most atr Happy with, thst means abandoning the A2DP Codec replacing it witj the APTX as per above. But thst codec does not work with snytning other than a bluetooth infrastructures that can accomodate it and speak the same jive.

https://www.kjell.com/se/produkter/mobilt/bluetooth/bluetooth-adaptrar/bluetooth-usb-adaptrar/plexge...

profile.country.GB.title
konorok
Explorer

About a month ago I was able to fix this issue by playing around with drivers and it worked perfectly until yesterday after I installed some new drivers with Auslogics/Tweakbit Driver Updaters (which in my opinion are not very reliable/stable) and after I did it this issue happened again. So I'm more than sure that this is the driver fault, now I'm trying to troubleshoot it and point out which exact driver/s causing it, also will compare all drivers with the normally functioning Windows where headphones easily connecting. I will let you know if I find something new that may solve this issue.

* I use a Bluetooth dongle too by the way:
Maxesla Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver for Windows 10/8 / ...

P.S. The thing is that all the Bluetooth devices are correctly paired, but if you click on any of them including WH1000-XM3 headphones it instantly shows 'Couldn't connect', even without actually trying to connect.

profile.country.GB.title
konorok
Explorer

Ok, SOLVED!

After hours and hours I finally solved it and know exactly what was causing it. I was right when I was talking about the drivers.

So basically I use many different driver updaters such as Driver Booster, Driver Easy and DriverMax, these three I prefer most of all as they provide most reliable drivers compared to the other ones I used recently which messed up with my drivers including Auslogics, TweakBit, Smart Driver Updater etc.

But only the DriverMax happen to backup all my drivers that I had installed on January, I started to restore drivers one after another while keeping my headphones paired to the PC and turned on during all that time, after third driver that I restored it automatically connected and I've heard in headphones "Bluetooth connected", such a relieve.

The driver that helped me out in my case is 'Hands-Free AG (LE_WH-1000XM3)'
Before that one I restored were 'Avrcp Transport' and 'A2dp', they might be essential too, but after restoring them nothing happened

After installing this one it automatically connected:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 044014.jpg

That was before:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 024317.jpg

That is after:

Screenshot 2021-03-05 050642.jpg

It connected but for full headphones functionality I still need to restore the rest of the Bluetooth drivers.

If you used any Driver Updater I recommend to look for backups, most updaters usually make backup when you install new drivers, and from there start to restore one by one until your headphones connect to your device, and use only reliable/stable drivers.

Ask me any questions regarding this issue, I will try to help you out.

Regards