Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 clicking noise with noise cancelling

WH-1000XM3 clicking noise with noise cancelling

Hi, 

When walking or on public transport, anything that vibrates, the right ear of my brand new headphones makes clicking noises. I tested it and it only occurs when noise cancelling is switched on. I have used them for only 3 extended periods and only started occurring this morning. 

Really frustrated, as everything was great about the noise cancelling until this annoying clicking started. 

Is this a known problem - should I take to them to a repair centre or get an exchange and hope next batch are okay? 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team who will be able to advise you on this issue here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Shiv.ravula
Explorer

Hey I have the same problem

please tell me what have you done... Is it all cleared now??

profile.country.GB.title
Shiv.ravula
Explorer

Hey I have the same problem

please tell me what have you done. Is it all cleared now?

profile.country.GB.title
pbechliv
Explorer

I have the exact same issue, it happens when walking with ANC on, without ANC everything is fine. It also is more noticeable the louder the volume is. It is in the right earcup that it occurs.

I am considering contacting tech support

profile.country.GB.title
Shiv.ravula
Explorer

I have got it exchanged at sony man.. I think you should do this too
profile.country.GB.title
yauster
Explorer

I have the same issue.

profile.country.GB.title
pbechliv
Explorer

@Shiv.ravula Does the new unit you got have the same problem, or is it fixed?

profile.country.GB.title
fhritzkie
Explorer

how long did you have it before you got it exchanged?
profile.country.GB.title
Amrit1986
Explorer

I have a poping noise on the underground and its annoying!! I'm returning them! Sony said it's where I go with them. Are you serious? I cant go anywhere then ? Even on the bus it pops or the music is distorted. My old beats headphones are much better. Very disappointed. My left ear hurts now and sony are going to call me back. Let's see if then do.