Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 replacement for Bose QC35II…?

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

WH-1000XM3 replacement for Bose QC35II…?

I’m looking to replace my 2-year-old QC35IIs because the ANC has gone to absolute plop. I remember that, when I first got them, it was brilliant, the council was digging up the main road and, what with it being summer, I had my windows open, and I literally couldn’t hear anything - and now…? Now it makes no difference as to whether I have it switched on or not.

I’m autistic, so I need good ANC - so what is the WH-1000XM3 like…? I know that there was a firmware issue (4.1.1) which killed it - is it still dead…? The quoted 30-hour battery life, presumably that’s with ANC off…? How long do they last with it switched on….?

One thing I do love about the Bose is that worn ear cushions can be easily replaced, is that the case with the Sony, or would I have to replace the entire set…? 

What is Sony support like to deal with…? Y’see what I can’t make people understand is that music is vitally important to most autistic people, and the thought of being without my headphones scares me - that might sound somewhat melodramatic, but that’s how it is, and I find that large companies simply don’t appreciate how terrifying the world is in many ways for people like me, I become frustrated very easily, and I can’t deal with phone conversations, because my communication skills really are nonexistent, I just wish I could make neuro-typicals appreciate how everything they do without thinking are things that I either find impossible, or can only do by putting myself under a great deal of stress, the bottom line is that we need the world to adapt to us because we cannot adapt to the world.

I read a few Amazon reviews which said the controls were frustrating because the 1000XM3s don’t have physical buttons - how frustrating…? 

Whilst I can afford them, I don’t have a lot of money, so I need to be sure. They’re under £300 on Amazon at the moment, so I’m tempted, but I thought I’d post here first. 

Thoughts…? 

Thanks

NHH

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @NonhumanHominid 

Was it the WH-1000XM3  you were interested in specifically?

If you're open to suggestion I personally know the noise cancelling on the new WH-1000MX3 headphones is superb.

Not sure if you've seen this video, but it may be of some interest as it directly compares the  WH-1000XM3 headphones to your Bose headphones :slight_smile: I wont tell you which pair win :grin:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

Hey Bass Boy! Against my better judgment, I got the NC 700 - and now am having fun getting Bose understand that their app is *****. If Sony hadn't murderised the ANC on the M1000XM3, then I'd have got those. The ANC on the new Bose is Premier League compared to the QC35IIs (bottom of the Conference) but, like you, I like it meaty and, to my ears, the bass is somewhat vegan. I listen to a lot of techno, and I like bass that makes my ears bleed (not literally, obviously…). 

Me: My new NC700 won't connect to the Music app.
Bose Jobsworth: Have you uninstalled it and reinstalled it?

Me: Yes. There is nothing wrong with the headphones, it's the app that's the problem.

BJW: I'm sorry to hear that, but it's not a problem, we can replace it. Can you give me your details?

Me: Why would you need my details to replace the app…? I can simply download it again (which, as I have just told you, I have and it's broken) There's nothing wrong with the headphones, it's the app that's the problem.

BJW: I understand that, so just give me your name and address and we'll replace it. 

Carries on going round and round ad nauseam for another 20 minutes until I want to hunt down Christian and fire him into the Sun. 😠😡🤬🤯

It would be such a refreshing change to find a company that offers exceptional products, AND customer service.