Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000xm3 - voice canceling mode?

profile.country.GB.title
Herbert_
Explorer

WH-1000xm3 - voice canceling mode?

Hello,

as other users of these headphones I appreciate its noise reduction capabilities, but I would even more appreciate an additional voice cancelling functionality. I suppose, many people would like just to sometimes switch off people's talking, children's crying, dog's barking... I understood from other posts that this not the initial design intention of this model, but allow me to ask  as a simple user - wouldn't it be possible to implement and add that function through a software update? Isn't it just a question of the frequencies to operate on?

Best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Herbert_,

not quite sure which other posts you are referring to, but the headphones cancel everything as far as I am concerned - only when people use them WITHOUT playing music the frequencys of voices seem to bleed trough best, which is not surprising, since humans are very good at hearing even hard to hear voices and e.g. screams, since our ancestors were primed towards hearing these sounds even under difficult circumstances. 

Once you switch on  (even quiet) music the sourrounding world is gone - at least from my experience.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Herbert_
Explorer

Hello Nic,

thanks for your answer but indeed my hope is that human voices could be blocked out without listening to any music or other acoustic sources. E.g. if you have to concentrate  on you work in an office with several other people around and have that situation all day for years - do you always want to listen to something else when the only thing you desire in fact is just to hear just nothing (which includes some white noise)? For me this would be a great feature and I just wondered if couldn't be added in any way.

Kind regard, Herbert