Join now - be part of our community!

WH1000-XM3 Bluetooth not working with PC

NANSUS
New

WH1000-XM3 Bluetooth not working with PC

Hi

I am having trouble connecting to my PC with my headphones' Bluetooth feature.
I can connect the headphones to my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, but not to my laptop nor to my PC.
I have a Bluetooth adapter for my PC, model USB-BT400 by ASUS. My HP ProBook 430 G3 laptop also has Bluetooth functionality.
I have Windows 10 on both computers, and basically no programs installed after setting up Windows 10.
I have up to date drivers and Windows updates on both PC and laptop.
I have full charge on all devices.
I have tried turning everything on and off one at a time, to no avail.
It states on my PC monitor, when connecting the headphones to my PC, that it is paired with WH-1000XM3, and even recognizes that it is an audio device, but it doesn't actually add it to my audio devices list, and the headset doesn't say "Bluetooth connected" like it does with my phone. The headset also doesn't play any audio from my PC. I can get the headset to work perfectly with sound cancelling and everything, as long as I use the 3,5 mm audio cable provided with the headset. But I'd like the Bluetooth wireless functionality to also work with my PC.

I think the problem is with not having the "headphones" app working on my PC, or maybe Sony just doesn't support PC connectivity anymore or as well as they could.

Please help me with my wireless functionality and connecting headphones to PC.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi NANSUS,

probably your PC doesn't support the BT profile of the headphones.

However, maybe this article helps to solve/identify the issue:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-audio/bluetooth-video-guide/ba-p/2663873

Cheers

Peter

Dnl984
New

Did you manage to connect to laptop please? I'm still having issues over a year later. I'm afraid they're not compatible