Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony NW-A100 arriving tomorrow, which memory card and other questions.

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

New Sony NW-A100 arriving tomorrow, which memory card and other questions.

Hello,

I have decided to purchase a dedicated audio player. Currently I use a iPhoneX as my portable music storage. I have WH-1000MX4 & WF-1000MX3.

I am thinking of weaning myself off the paid for subscriptions currently on Deezer premium. I do like the HiFi and 360 offering. I have a vast collection of CD,s that I would like catalogue so I'm looking for suggestions on what software (Mac O/S) I should consider. 

Looking for suggestions on which brand of microSD card I should consider.

Initially I was looking to purchase a new NW-A55L on Amazon UK for £154.15, I had a quick look at the new NW-100 for a price comparison and the orange colour is going for £187.10 not much more so I went for it, plus I can spread the payments over 5 months interest free.

Looking forward hearing from anyone who can help with my questions. 

Thank you reading this.

David

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi David,

Unfortunately I cannot help with Mac Software but in terms of SD card you can use any good micro SD card e.g. from Sony, Sandisk etc.

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi dnicuk , could you confirm which one are you going to get from the A100 series? Also, usually you can use a software to transfer music, check the info here: https://musiccenter.sony.net/en/

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Hello HannahEd01

Thank you for your response.

The model is the Sony NW-A105.

Sony Music Center is windows PC based only. No Apple iMac software.

The Sony recommended transfer method is using "Content Transfer for Mac version 1.6".  I couldn't link the address into here.

Unfortunately Sony have not updated the Content Transfer Software Version 1.6 for the Mac, This is a known problem since 2019. Once I looked into it more there appears to be no response from Sony Support as to when or if they will support the current version of Mac O/S. Here is a paste from the Sony support page.

About this download.

"Content Transfer for Mac" is a software to transfer your music, video, photos, podcasts and playlists in an easy way. You can use the "Drag & Drop" function to move the files from iTunes to your Walkman. The software will automatically sort the files to the appropriate folders on the player.

• File formats for transfer
    Music: .mp4, .3gp, .m4a, .oma, .wma, .mp3, .wav, .flac, .ape, .aiff, and .aif
    Video: .mp4, .m4v, and .wmv
    Photo: .jpg
  • Automatic Transfer function

Note: The Content Transfer for Mac software supports data transfer from iTunes 11.0 or later

System Requirements

The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Mac OS:
IMPORTANT:Not supported by OSs other than specified below.

• macOS 10.13 - 10.15      (This version is from 2 years ago)
The following systems are not supported:
  • Personally constructed computers or operating systems
  • Upgraded operating systems
  • Multi-boot environments
  • Multi-monitor environments

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, there's another way by using an android file transfer as described on the help guide here: https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa100/v1/en/contents/TP0002433025.html?search=transfer