Join now - be part of our community!

XAV-601BT and Experia Z mirror link

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rihatha
New

XAV-601BT and Experia Z mirror link

Hi,

Found this on You Tube with the 'mirror link' pairing of Experia Z with XAV-601BT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNMHl3FLBk

Has anyone tried this or know of any other Experia mobiles that will 'mirror link' on this model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DSG4ME
Visitor

It mirrors straight out of the box as you usb connect the phone, even better now with the J fw you get Mirror fullscreen so the sat nav is a full 6.1 inches of video,

The only fault I can find is that video stutters when being mirrored from a phone and you can't swipe down for icon access on your phone from the unit as the fullscreen uses all of the realty available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DSG4ME
Visitor

Xperia Z works 100PERCENTAGESIGN in the UK models,

I bought the 601BT and then hoped to get a S3 as they were one the way out but the Drivelink app won't download as compatible on anyone I know with an S3 whose on Droid 4.1 and above so I suspect the app is a 4.0app,

That forced me to go for the Z, I wanted one anyway but before I did a kind member of Currys came out with one and we set it up with the HU and were pleased to see it was fully functional.

Message was edited by: DSG4ME

keflemi
Visitor

does this actually mirror all the xperia z screen and apps or does it require a hack like the samsung

DSG4ME
Visitor

It mirrors straight out of the box as you usb connect the phone, even better now with the J fw you get Mirror fullscreen so the sat nav is a full 6.1 inches of video,

The only fault I can find is that video stutters when being mirrored from a phone and you can't swipe down for icon access on your phone from the unit as the fullscreen uses all of the realty available.

rihatha
New

Thanks DSG4ME for the info. Experia Z on order for next month when Im at the end of my contract. Im in the UK so good to know that it works straight out the box to the XAV-601BT. 🙂