Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
alexl102
New

Losing Freeview Channels; Retune not helping

I bought a new Bravia TV in January. It's connected to an anntennae and also has an old-style Sky Box attached via Scart (ie no Sky HD or Sky+).

Anyway, everything was great (except for the appalling response time when using the remote) until a few weeks ago when, out of the blue, certain freeview channels would occasionally just show 'No signal'. There's no pattern to it and it's continued to do it on and off - yesterday everything was fine, today it doesn't work.

What's even more confusing is that sometimes if I flick onto a channel, the program will show for 5 seconds before disappearing and showing 'No Signal'.

I've tried doing digital retunes which are bringing varying degrees of success. The first couple brought just 33 channels - The original 5, their HD equivalents and a few others like Al Jazeera (which I don't even want).

Then I managed to get 65 channels, which includes freeview channels 1-9,18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 35, 40 (none inbetween in that group) and then some more at random numerical intervals above that.

Then I got 74 channels, which almost solved the problem (I'm specifically after E4 and E4+1 right now) but still there were random channels missing - for example, E4 appeared but E4+1 wasn't there.

I would really like to get this sorted - my Dad refuses to watch anything through the TV's freeview now as it's so intermittent, despite the sky box picture quality being really poor. And naturally, I'm finding it really frustrating - I don't actually watch much TV, but when I do want to watch certain programs, I often can't get them.

UPDATE: I got 99 channels which seems to include everything I'd normally watch but the signal dropping issue remains. :@

Can anyone offer any suggestions, please?

Who Me Too'd this topic