Who Me Too'd this topic

isaac64
Explorer

KDL32W70B Smart TV problems after connecting to wifi

Hi everyone,
We've had our sony smart tv for several months now with no problems at all, but as soon as I connected it to the wifi, we've had all sorts of issues. 

- The TV usually refuses to turn on, won't react to the on button on the back of the TV (or any button on the remote) and only turns on (sometimes!) if we unplug it, wait a bit and plug it back in like the manual says. But we have to do this every single time we try and turn on the TV. All sleep modes and standby stuff is disabled. And when the TV eventually does turn on it takes ages to recognise that I'm trying to change channel.
- The TV will randomly turn off during a programme. It's not a sleep thing because it literally switches off suddenly rather than fade and as I said all our sleep/standby settings are off.
- I already did a factory reset and rescanned the channels etc. and now the TV always "crashes" suddenly when I try and set up the Wifi. So even with wifi disconnected and factory reset, the problems persist.

It would be great if anyone knew how to sort this out, we did ring the TV shop and they said it might be a software update problem, brought on by the fact that we often leave the TV unplugged for several weeks when we are away and it's supposed to update via the ariel? Either way we had no problems doing this until I connected it to the Wifi.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Who Me Too'd this topic