Who Me Too'd this solution

profile.country.en_GB.title
miedwar14
Visitor

Hi Sue,

I am in the same boat... same model of PVR and same Guideplus+ problem.

I emailed Sony ... here is the question and reply from sony.

..........................................................................................................................................

QUESTION

hi, i have had problems with the guideplus+ settings in my RDR HXD890 PVR.
I now realise (via google) that the default host channel for this in the UK is ITV1 (analogue) but this has been turned off in my area. I have searched the net and found out that "BID TV" will still be hosting the EPG data. My problem is that I cant set this as the host channel due to my innability to set the "source" as "D.TV". I only have the options for "A.TV" or external receiver.
I would prefer to use Guideplus+ as my tv area has not switched to freeview yet and the digital EPG does not contain all my viewing channels.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

..........................................................................................................................................

ANSWER

I am pleased to learn that you own a RDR-HXD890 but I am sorry to read of the issue that you have.

Having looked into this matter, I can confirm that the Guide Plus+ built into your model DVD recorder will no longer function on the analogue service after the 31st December 2010. However, you will be able to switch to the Freeview guide, 'Guide Digital' which is built in to your recorder.

It is not possible to update your Guide Plus+ EPG to continue using the guide as this is the old analogue Guide Plus+ System and Bid TV cannot be selected as the host channel. This feature is only available on products with the Digital Guide Plus+ system.

To switch to the Freeview guide, simple perform the following:
Press System Menu
Select Initial Setup
Select EPG type select and choose 'Guide Digital'.

I hope this information is of some assistance. Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

George Newton
Customer Information Centre
SONY UNITED KINGDOM

......................................................................................................................................

So Sue, it looks like we will have to use the digital EPG and forget Guideplus+.

I have googled this problem extensively and there are many others who are complaining.

All the best,

Michael

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution