Who Me Too'd this topic

akerbeltz
New

How to watch on demand TV without YouView

Brand new Sony Bravia KD55X850C (after having ditched the Samsung which was incapble of maintaining a WiFi connection and then started giving us blackscreens).

Here's an interesting conundrum we've run into - it would appear that the only way of changing the order of chanells on the Bravia is to disable YouView. Fair enough. Not so fair enough the time-consuming way you are forced into to move the channels around but I'll leave that aside for another time. Including the question of why anyone would put the HD channels right at the end, way behind the non-HD channels...

Anyway. In a bizarre twist, it would seem that the on-demand apps do not behave in the same way. iPlayer and Channel 5 on demand still work as you'd expect. But ITV and 4OD bring up a screen asking me to activate YouView again. So my question are:

1. Is it really the case that ITV and 4OD require YouView but not iPlayer and 5OD? If not, how do I get around that?

2. If I re-activate YouView, will it preserve the custom channel order?

The custom channel order is a red line for us and I'm kind of loathe to experiment because it took almost 2 hours to redo the list.

Anyone know?

Who Me Too'd this topic