Who Me Too'd this topic

DanH82
New

UBP-X800 Handshake issue ? - latest firmware

Hi,

I have been very happy since i purchased the X800 UHD player. Unfortunately since the latest firmware rolled out i have had a couple of issues crop up.

Issues :-

The player loses connection to my tv when loading a disc. Seems worse when loading UHD discs, especially Planet Earth 2, the signal reconnecting is hit or miss (sometimes it plays after 30-60 secconds of a black screen other times it wont but i can hear the sound).

If i am lucky the signal reconnects after 10 to 15 secconds of a black screen while hearing the sound play and i am able to watch the film just fine.  

A blue-ray stopped working half way through the movie (WB Batman Returns from Tim Burtons box set) which i had to unplug the player to recover.

My TV is an LG B6V, i had no problems with this player or the Samsung KS8500 before it but since the firmware update these issues have given me a headache.

List of things i have tried with no luck:-

Different HDMI ports

Swapped cables

Factory restore the player settings

Tried Auto / 4:4:4

Turning 24p from on to auto 

Changed sound settings - tried turning off sound on the HDMI port 1 (I use the optical out PCM on the TV to my 2 channel amp ) and I tried coax player to amp.

I have tried more but you get the picture, like i said its only started happening since the latest firmware update. All my other devices (PC, PS3 & 4) work fine no matter what content i play.

Another observation is the player seems a bit slower at loading the discs, so it could be this causing a time out maybe ?

Who Me Too'd this topic