Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
pauthomp64
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 BREAKS DOWN FREQUENTLY

I purchased the 55inch Sony KD-55XD9305 with a 6 year warranty in November 2016 from Richer Sounds in the UK and Since then it has broke down

3 times with same fault ie no power to tv completely dead. 1st time 24/4/2017 took 22 days to fix due to DPS board on back order. Fix took by engineer took 30 minutes when part arrived. 2nd time 14/7/2017 again same fault no power and new DPS board took over a week to source again fixed by engineer in 30 minutes. 3rd time same fault no power 25/7/2017 this is 5 weeks since last fault. DPS board replaced again and also another fault on the AC adaptor has occurred. The engineer has ordered a new AC adaptor from Sony and i an still waiting as i write this on 3/9/2017. I have requested a new TV from Sony to replace the current one and i am still waiting a response from the Sony escalation team promised on 5/9/2017. Has anyone else experienced this level of breakdown on this model and how was it resolved. Sony must know about this fault on this model and need to do something special for me. Paul Thompson UK

Who Me Too'd this topic