Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
spiderrog
Explorer

Bravia KD-49X8305C screen keeps going black and trying to restart

I have this Bravia KD-49X8305C since 2016 and so I think it should still be working ok. However of late the screen keeps dropping out to a black screen and complete loss of picture. It struggles to come back which sometimes it does only to drop off again a few minutes later. A visit to my Sony man in John Lewis Southampton came up with the suggestion that I had to hold in the power button for a while to force the tv to power off and once this is done the whirly Android circles start up and I presume this reboots the tv. OK this is a possible solution but it sometimes just drops back to a black screen shortly afterwards again leaving me to think that the reboot didn't resolve the problem. Has anyone got any suggestions please, reboot my router i suppose but I am not having any interenet issues elsewhere in the house. The internet connection to the Bravia is by way of a Virgin Media superhub connected through powerline sockets upstaits to the downstairs socket for the TV. As it is now just over two years old I suppose I could replace it but the Sony man didn't think this neccesary just yet but this drop off in the product makes me wonder. I have always liked the Sony products but there doesn't seem to be any value in loyalty these days and I am beginning to think about changeing manufacturer but before I make the leap can anyone come up with a reason for this problem please and how if at all, it can be fixed. I do have a video recording on my phone of this most recent failure should any Sony technician wish to take a look and investigate the problem. - feel free to call me and discuss if you wish - cheers all ROGER WEBB

Who Me Too'd this topic