Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
HashbrownRolo

KD43XF8796 Optical-out sending data/light when TV is in standby, messing with my soundbar.

Hello community,

I recently got a good deal on a brand new XF87. Annoyingly, when the TV is in standby mode it keeps waking up my soundbar.

The TV and soundbar are connected via optical optical cable. To test, I unplugged the end of the cable that goes into the soundbar to check if any light was coming through once the TV was powered off.

Just as I thought, upon powering off the TV via the remote, the light goes off for a second or two, before returning with solid red light.

This is very frustrating, as not only does my soundbar wake up and stay fully powered on all day and wasting electricity, but if I want to use the soundbar with another device on a different input source (such as Bluetooth or aux-in) it keeps switching back to the optical source and all sound cuts out.

The only way to stop it is to reach in behind the TV and turn the plug off at the mains socket. My old TV didn't do this and I'm starting to lose my marbles.

Does anyone have a solution? Thank you!

Who Me Too'd this topic