Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
fandangowheels
Explorer

Sony A7 III Light grey focus point, no colour options or change in latest v3 firmware

Hi, so at the NEC 2019 show I discussed the light grey focus point and how the faded light grey colour is difficult to find on the screen, let along focus on the fly. In discussion with Sony staff, they indicated the colour or density of the focus square would be changed or optional colour etc. in the next A7 III firmware release. Today I downloaded and installed the latest release v3.0, but find no change. Coming from Panasonic and Canon cameras, and working in the field on birds, fast moving vehicles etc. I'm losing the focus or not hitting the right point because I cant fully see where the focus zone is

So Sony why have you not released this update, I'm sure many end users have mentioned this, I see blogs back to 2017! Surely it cant be hard to add optional colours like yellow/orange/red or even the density of the zone via a menu item, to say you have menu items for tons of other features. Really hope this is on the to do list

For anyone with this camera, have you found a solution? I know the focus point goes green when you have focus, I know the auto focus is great and the eye selection works so well too, but when you want to take control, focus where we want to focus, how can we increase the visability of the light grey focus grids

Otherwise loving the camera, thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic