Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
RJeffries
Explorer

Sony Bravia System Update

My Sony Bravia TV had a system update on 19/07/2019 & since then, the TV has been completely hopeless, to the point where I threaten to throw it out of the window. When I turn it on, I'm taken into the APP screen & have to try & get into the TV, sometimes this works, usually not. After several attempts, I manage to watch a TV channel, just the 3, as soon as I move onto another channel, I am faced with a black screen, which I can't move away from, can't turn the TV off, can't do anything, except curse the stupid upgrade. When the TV finally shows signs of doing something, it usually goes back to the original start-up screen where you get the 'android' start up logo & the TV channel then works.

Heartened, I move to another channel, only to have the same thing happen again. I'm 54 years old, given there's a 'billion' channel, I'll need to live to 120 years old, just to get every channel installed. 

This can't be how the 'system upgrade' was supposed to work & frankly, I haven't seen any benefits to my TV viewing so far.

Is anyone else having similar problems & if so, have you resolved them & how?

Thank you

Who Me Too'd this topic