Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
spoksony
Visitor

Dolby Digital decoding sound glitches on the SVR-HDT500

Recently bought the SVR-HDT500 and we are getting sound glitches (like the old dropout you got on reel to reel with dirty heads) particulary on Channel 4HD films and some American programmes like 'Desperate Housewives'. It is a problem with any material transmitted in Dolby Digital 5.1. All other material is fine. We do not have any external Dolby Digital equipment and just listen in stereo. I took the machine back to John Lewis and exchanged it for a new one, just in case there was a fault, but the new one does exactly the same. The sound live through the TV's tuner is perfect.

Does anyone else notice this problem? I have tried it with the Dolby Digital option in the HDT500's menu both on and off but it makes no difference. This seems to be an inherent problem of the machine with the decoding of Dolby Digital material to be output as stereo and it ruins the viewing of most Ch4 HD films. Could it be fixed with a software update. We are on the latest (...8585) software, which it came with. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Spok.

Who Me Too'd this topic