Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
leadfootlambert
Visitor

Bravia tuner cannot tune UK HD Freeview channels

I have Bravia KDL32V5500U 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV which I purchase before we had HD in our area (SE). A few weeks ago HD was switched on, but I am unable to tune them. Because I am able to get it on all the other TV's in the house. I phoned the Freeview service and they put me in touch with the SONY helpline.

After some research the Sony lady informed that this model is made for Europe and so "it does not tune the UK HD channels"  After I picked myself up I asked her to explain this, but she could only repeat that it was an HD TV but it would only work in countries other than the UK (the country it was purchased in)

I asked if there was a firmware upgrade but she said no and the only option was to not use the inbuilt tuner and buy an external one!

Now I have searched the internet and have been unable to find any mention of this anywhere. So before I start seeing what redress I have with Amazon UK (the supplier) or Sony, I thought I would ask if anyone has heard of this, because I am sure this cannot be correct?

Andy

Who Me Too'd this topic