Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
Mstansmith

Xperia 5ii Music App

The stock 'Music' app now longer has the ability to collect album art anymore and using any 3rd party apps I find can only do it song by song. I am an avid audio enthusiast and have many hundreds of albums/folders including Hi Res audio ripped from the PS-HX500 and downloaded from sites such as Qobuz along with FLAC files and some MP3.

It is far too onerous a task to do this for all my music and I am gutted that I am looking at other apps for the music as they all seem a bit buggy.

Poweramp has the ability to collect artwork from the internet so I wondered why the Sony native app has stopped this capability?

I like the sound from the native app and can only assume that the phone is tuned to work best through this as one of it's target audience are audiophiles. USB Audio Player Pro seems quite good but the tweaks are fiddly and when I listen to the different apps with my Hi Res headphones I think the stock app sound is on par with this but without the glitches.

Sony, please re-introduce Gracenote back into the app or take a leaf from the system that Poweramp uses, it's the right thing to do for your dedicated Xperia fans of more than 6 years from the 'Z' onwards. 

I don't think I should be using 3rd party apps for such a core function as Music really.

Who Me Too'd this topic