Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
brighilaalexandru
New

Sony A7R IV Pixel Shift Hi-res Image artifacts

Hello everyone!

I`m new to this channel although I`ve been using Sony mirrorless cameras for about 2 years now and I have tried recently to process some images taken with the 16 pixel shift function from the A7R4. The thing is that the results from the Sony`s Imaging Edge software have a lot of artifacts when zoomed in to 100%, which are causing the images to be un-usable for large resolution printing or presenting. When using the Peripheral Edge noise reduction to the maximum value of 1 it cleans part of it but it also blurries the image more. From what I`ve seen the parts of the image which aren`t in focus (not in the DOF zone) are having even more artifacts and even with the Edge noise reduction set to 1 those artifacts are not dissapearing. I`m a landscape photographer and the images were taking at sunrise on sturdy base (on the side of and asphalt road) with a really sturdy tripod in no-wind conditions. The image sequence was set to "shortest" so I think 1/2s between each image - could it be from this that the sensor would have movements causing lack of sharpness?

I will try to put some examples of cropped parts of the images to this post so that you can see the zoomed aspect of the problem. Did anyone had this kind of problems? And if yes, did you find any solution to have the images sharper and without such artifacts?

Thank you in advance for your attention!

Alex

Px Shift Img 150% zoom in DOF areaPx Shift Img 150% zoom in DOF area

Px Shift Img 100% zoom out of DOF areaPx Shift Img 100% zoom out of DOF areaPx Shift Img 300% zoomPx Shift Img 300% zoom

Who Me Too'd this topic