Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
AdrianA19761

Sony KD55XG9505 Screen cracked spontaneously

Hi,

First of all I would like to say long time Sony TV purchaser here and was happy with their products (Not anymore)

Is anyone aware of any design issues with this model particular the screens cracking with 0 physical damage, I am very careful with my products and do not mishandle them and never have.

This TV I have had for 2 years has been perfect, Been very happy with it until yesterday morning on what can only look like bullet holes in the screen, Nothing has hit the screen, There is no physical damage whatsoever, I came down from upstairs to find cracks behind the LCD rendering the TV with 0 picture it is damaged.

I purchased this from Richer Sounds in the UK who I have already contacted and they said it is not covered under warranty even though there is still 4 years left of the warranty, I am extremely annoyed and want an explanation of the design flaw with this TV and why it has happened, It looks so bad on the images but there are 0 scratches on the screen no physical damage and it has not been hit, Dropped or mishandled in any way shape or form.

Sony I would like an explanation as to why my screen has cracked spontaneously, Thermal issue? Design issue? I can not recommended Richer Sounds or Sony products ever again if this does not get resolved, This TV cost me £1300 2 years ago and has been great since then until yesterday, I know this issue is out down to physical damage but I am not the sort of person to waste people's time if it was physical damage and not to mention I have seen many posts from other users experiencing a similar phenomenon with TVs and also mobile phone screens cracking for whatever reason without explanation.

Do I take Sony or Richer Sounds to a small claims court? I am not about to let lie down a product I paid so much money for, For no error of my own for the screen to just crack so easily on it's own when it was not my fault, I repeat there is 0 exterior physical damage not even a single scratch on the surface of the screen or to the rear of the set.

IMG20221004114503.jpg

IMG20221004114423.jpg

Who Me Too'd this topic