Join now - be part of our community!

Albums

SOLVED
SVWatt
Visitor

Albums

Dear Sony,
Please fix my Sony Album App.
Albums are for photos. I dont want mine taken up with my music videos and movies.

Please stop the next release displaying non photos.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
djsat21
Visitor

I dont understand why Sony includes seperate music and video viewing/organising apps if these media types also appear in the 'Album' app.  TBH it just seems a bit lazy.  In the least, the developers could give the user the option to decide what media types/formats or folders are or are not displayed in the Album app.  This would be a lot simpler than having to create blank files and copying them into the file system.  Wouldn't it Sony??

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

What do you mean by music and movies on the album app?

SVWatt
Visitor

I mean when the Sony Album app is opened, it includes thumbnails of movies and music videos that I have on my Z. It does not show ONLY thumbnails of photos.
SVWatt
Visitor

Any thoughts?
Sam
Legend
Legend

To prevent specific files from appearing in this application, you need to create an empty file called “.nomedia” or “.nomusic” and place it in the folder containing the unwanted files.

To create and save an empty file
Use a text editor application on your computer, e.g. Notepad. Make sure to set Save as type to All files instead of Text document. Name the file “.nomedia” or “.nomusic”.
Connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable. Copy the empty file to the folder or folders that contains the unwanted audio files. Disconnect the phone and restart it.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

DRevil
Visitor

I have similar problem. I don't want video files to be displayed in album app. I fallowed what you wrote, created file .nomedia and copied it to folder with video files, but all I succeeded is that my video player (MX Player) as well as build in movie player can't see the files, but I can still see them in Album app mixed with my photos. Any other suggestion to fix this issue to be able to display only photos and pictures in Album and no videos and movies?

Sam
Legend
Legend

Now that you have done this you may need to clear the generated thumbnails used by the Album app: Main Menu > Settings > Apps > All Album > Clear Data.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Stavros
Visitor

I have the same problem. And your answer is to do all that? Really? Open a notepad and start typing to solve a problem that YOU sould have solved???? PLEASE, fix the album app.

Thats the right answer from you. "We will fix the album app"

Sam
Legend
Legend

The difficulty is that it is not broken; it is operating as designed by showing a wide variety of media data and allowing you navigate through it in one location. Many people enjoy and use this feature and would find it annoying to have to open multiple applications to view the photos/videos taken with the phone separately. What I have offered above is a work around for people who would like to alter how this application works.

djsat21
Visitor

I dont understand why Sony includes seperate music and video viewing/organising apps if these media types also appear in the 'Album' app.  TBH it just seems a bit lazy.  In the least, the developers could give the user the option to decide what media types/formats or folders are or are not displayed in the Album app.  This would be a lot simpler than having to create blank files and copying them into the file system.  Wouldn't it Sony??