Join now - be part of our community!

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

Sony Tablet™ is evolving, and we'd like to keep you informed with the latest updates.

Today we're happy to confirm that an update to Android 4.0 will be available for Sony Tablet. Details including timing will be announced in due course, so please stay tuned.

Just recently we released the Software Development Kit for Sony Tablet P.  For more information on this and future updates please visit us at Sony Tablet Evolution.

Best regards
Lee

36 REPLIES 36
moh_tiger
New

Any idea when this is going to happen. It seems to be taking a while

stowball
Visitor

I hope we see ICS pushed out soon. Being able to set the browser's user agent to mimic a desktop so you don't have bad "mobile" versions forced is something I'm in dire need of.

Eddie86
Visitor

@stowball,

I use the default browser for most things, but for the few sites I use that look better in desktop I use Dolphin browser HD. It's free and easy to config

Ed

stowball
Visitor

Yeah, I use Dolphin HD on my phone, but that nor the beta Dolphin For Pad come close to the default browser for tablet usability.

I click a lot of links from Twitter, too and it's only after I've followed the link that I discover that the sites are poorly made, meaning I'm in no hurry to re-open it in Dolphin.

Eddie86
Visitor

the default browser is the best on the tablet imo. Have you tried ubersocial for twitter? it has LivePreview setting, meaning in landscape mode the twitter feed is on the left, with the content of the link shown on the right (similar to the email viewed in landscape).

It's not perfect but may help

Ed

sonyluvi
Visitor

Any update on a release date for ICS?

smellyonion
New

spring they said, but they have also heared that they are including goodies in their update and their ui. ive heard ms office could be coming to the tablet.

which_enduro
New

Interesting to see in this video the tablet S has what looks like the galaxy nexus ics wallpaper, http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqCMH-dcY_o8%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded&feat...

wonneil
Explorer

WTF - The Sony Tablet Evolution page has now started advertising 3rd party apps from the Android Market that has nothing to do with the Sony Tablet!

We just want to know when ICS is coming out or if there are any other updates available, please don't try to make yourselves look like you're actually doing something by putting on updates about useless apps that have nothing to do with Sony.

Thank you

hevster
New

Is anyone from Sony actually reading this forum anymore?  From the lack of activity around the Tablet S I suspect not.  However, just in case....

A proper timeline around the 4.0 (ICS) update would be a very good start.  Just saying 'in due course' is not very good.  It commits you to nothing.

And perhaps letting us know when an update will be forthcoming to address things like the poor file transfer utility, the pooor DLNA support and (please!) some update on if you ever intend to let the Tablet S talk to the PS3 and act as a remote.  Lots of people seem to have been mis-informed - ok, lied to - about this product by Sony sales people claiming it will be able to communicate with the PS3.  Me included...

I know the Vita is probably getting all the love right now but you have a good product in this tablet and it feels like you are letting it commit suicide by giving it zilch in terms of support and development.I was proudly showing off in front of my Galaxy/iPad owning friends but without some love from Sony this tablet will quickly become redundant.