Join now - be part of our community!

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

Sony Tablet™ is evolving, and we'd like to keep you informed with the latest updates.

Today we're happy to confirm that an update to Android 4.0 will be available for Sony Tablet. Details including timing will be announced in due course, so please stay tuned.

Just recently we released the Software Development Kit for Sony Tablet P.  For more information on this and future updates please visit us at Sony Tablet Evolution.

Best regards
Lee

36 REPLIES 36
which_enduro
New

I have read the hold up could be down to google delaying the approval, it's worth noting that the Asus transformer only started to get ics last week and it was the first tablet to start shipping ics. They haven't given a date for when the UK will get the update though.  I do agree though, it would be nice to get some more official input in the forum.

hevster
New

Rich - That may make some sense as that seems to be the same reason I've heard given for the delay on the Galaxy S2 rollout delays of ICS.  Fingers crossed if Samsung and Asus ship their updates this month then Sony might be ready to follow suit.  Here's hoping, cos I've heard some very good things about ICS!

manjitsaimbi
Visitor

Have just been to have a look at the tablet and really liked the look and feel of the tablet. All the reports are really good. The only thing stopping me from buying is the lack of ICS. Next stop will be ASUS.

SONY..... is any one there????

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

noticed a few reports on the net that Sony Japan have announced that they plan to release ICS v4.0.3 in late April..:smileywink:

Although not able to confirm that these reported new features will be included in the ICS release or wether they will make there way to the European version, some of the new features mentioned include..

Access to the Camera via the lock screen..

Ability to take panoramic photo's..

Option to edit photo's within the Gallery..

A downloadable “Recopla” app to view programs recorded from compatible Sony Blu-Rays players..

An addition of 'Small Apps' which seems to allow user to open a small browser, calculator, remote control window..

If you want to read about Sony ICS rumoured improvements yourself then do a search for Sony Tablet ICS..:smileyhappy:

stowball
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

will you be able to multitask with ICS? listen to music on one tab and look at another page without music or video stopping?

gfds23467
Visitor

is it true that the update will be available on the 14 aprill

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gfds23467 wrote:

is it true that the update will be available on the 14 aprill

I'm not aware of any actual fixed date being released..

profile.country.BE.title
Tabletfan
New

A german website ht4u.net stated it would be half May for the tablet s and p in Europe. April would be for their latest smartphones.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Mahaco91
New

You will need a translator scroll down you will see ics is very near.

http://sony.fr/discussions/thread/143766