Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
tramman77
Visitor

Yes, stating product not fit for purpose but Sony are well within their rights to offer a repair and it was quite hard to understand what the representative was stating due to his dialect. I will be monitoring the repair carefully as well as examining the tablet with a fine tooth comb on its return.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Looks like a rep has found my moaning on the forum and has emailed me asking for the details which I have given him.

Tried the site on Safari (instaed of Chrome) and it worked so will give them a ring and see what they say. However, I really dont want to be sending it away for repair, they can send me a new one when they are sorted on the production line and I can send them this one back for refurbishment. You buy a new product you do not get a refurb back!

paulell45
Explorer

Well I have had one e-mail from Sony support dealing wiith two issues - getting the faulty tablet sorted out and getting Sony to collect the case sent in error. The agent clearly has not read the e-mails properly and appears to be asking for a serial number for the case, and also says that he cannot see the seriel number for the tablet! This is a total nightmare.

Sony deliver two cases when I only want one, but charge me for both. I wait for one to be collected and no one turns up. Although the carier's website says that I was not in to hand the case over and they left a card. Guess what, I was in all day and there's no card.

The Sony tablet I buy is faulty and the agent cannot understand  my complaint or is unable to read the e-mail correctly. Maybe I should apologise to Sony for buying theiir products.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

@ paulell45 Nightmare!! Hope you get something sorted soon!

I was on the phone to them yesterday and the guy has arranged to get it collected either today or tomorrow. Told him I was not going to be in the office today but he said the courier would come anyway and then re-schedule if I wasnt there...what a waste!

I managed to cover myself in soup whilst on the phone which was also a bit of a nightmare so didnt argue much when he said they couldnt provide a replacement as it is a "standard length repair". So as I stood there, soup dripping off of my trousers my heart sank as I realised I will have to give up the tablet for 5-7 days.

Oh Sony...this is why you are financially..

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Profanity removed

tramman77
Visitor

Tablet picked up less than half hour ago and now has to wing its way to France for repair. Didn't relist this at the time so due to weekend reckon it will be a week today at the earliest before I see it again. Really hope Sony decide to offer something in return for what has been no fault of our own but a manufacturing Issue.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Here here!! Some Google Play credit would do me nicely. If they offer me 5% off accessories they can think again...

tramman77
Visitor

In fairness we could all return our Tablets and claim a refund stating our goods not fit for purpose. i.e not splashproof as advertised, which along with the brand was the main selling point for me especially having two young girls.

One thing I did notice whilst looking to purchase, that in the USA Sony offered the DS3 stand (the £80 one) for half price if bought at the same time as the tablet. Just goes to prove they treat all their customers different. So come on Sony restore a bit of credibility and provide your customers with some kind of satisfaction. I'll be the first to say well done for admitting your error but take the extra step and give your loyal customers something in return.

Message was edited by: tramman77

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I have also had mine collected this morning so will keep an eye on the status to see what happens. Hoping for it back within the 7 day period!

tramman77
Visitor

Sony received it this morning. Received the following text " SONY Repair Center. We have received your unit and we will keep you informed about its return as soon as it will be repaired (about 5 working days). Thank you." So fingers crossed hoping to have it back by next Monday at the latest.

hungerdunger
New

I emailed Sony over the weekend to ask how long the turnaround would be and whether they would offer compensation such as discounted accessories.

The disappointing answers I received were a 10 working day turnaround (i.e. two weeks) and there would be no compensation, although they would extend the warrantee by the time taken to fix it (big deal).

I'd appreciate it if people who have sent theirs back or are about to could keep us updated on the turnaround times.  Personally I'm in two minds about it.  I don't know whether I really need the spash-proof facility, but I definitely don't want to be without the tablet for two weeks. (I could probably manage one week)