Join now - be part of our community!

Delete Email account and manual setup again

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pkcool

Delete Email account and manual setup again

Hello. I love the sony Tablet S.. Having a challenge that I'm finding anyoying.

Open email account for hotmail.

get error connection in yellow at the top of screen

Delete old hotmail account

Recreate new account in manual mode only.. Auto config not working.

Have to change the hotmail to live in sending server the same for recieving server and change the proxy number manually as well.

Then can read new emails. When logging out and then return have to do the same again...

Have all the latest updates..

Anyone know of a solution?

All other operations with tablet S work great and the product it self is what I need from work and home..

Thanks.

Pete

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It's seems there may be a problem with the Hotmail servers & as a temporary fix it seems that MS are suggesting people try using the hotmail (Microsoft + Seven) App which may be the way forward for you if you are having a problem, at least until MS address the server issues..

Further reading here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/hotmail-sync-eas-broken-on-mobile-...

There is also a similar thread on this subject which may also be of interest - Hotmail problems since ICS update

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It's seems there may be a problem with the Hotmail servers & as a temporary fix it seems that MS are suggesting people try using the hotmail (Microsoft + Seven) App which may be the way forward for you if you are having a problem, at least until MS address the server issues..

Further reading here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/hotmail-sync-eas-broken-on-mobile-...

There is also a similar thread on this subject which may also be of interest - Hotmail problems since ICS update

profile.country.en_GB.title
pkcool

Thanks.. I would like to say more.. But I would get into trouble starting a conspiracy theory...